Participant responsibility code
It is the responsibility of each participant to ensure that they have read and understand all the course, event and safety information pertaining to the event before entering. It is also the responsibility of the participant to ensure they are at an adequate level of fitness and competence to complete their chosen event. It is also the responsibility of the participant to ensure that all personal, contact, emergency and medical information provided during registration are true and accurate.
- Sufficient fitness to complete a 50km, 25km or 12.5km off-road run or walk over uneven terrain.
- Ability to follow a marked running/walking course.
- Ability to carry any required gear with you.
- Appropriate experience in off-road running and walking over uneven terrain.
- Ability to read and understand all course and safety information prior to participating.
- Participants must remain on the course and are not allowed to go off course routes. Should you wish to withdraw you must notify an event official e.g. marshal or aid station volunteer.
- On completing the event you must cross the finish line to allow timing officials to capture your race number and record you as finishing.
- Participants who require any personal medication or disability assistance devices while participating must carry those items.
- As an official participant you must wear your race number on your front so it is visible at all times.
- Please refrain from littering on the course.
- Leave gates as you found them.
- Do not cross any fences or closed gates, as this is not required anywhere on the route.
- Waterproof and windproof jacket.
- Thermal long-sleeve top – wool or polypropylene.
- Thermal hat – buff/beanie/balaclava acceptable – wool or polypropylene.
- Thermal gloves – wool or polypropylene.
- Survival blanket (silver/gold foil type)
- Emergency whistle.
- Personal medication as required.
- Personal hydration and nutrition. (Aid stations are provided, but should not be relied upon as your sole source of hydration and nutrition.)
This is a recommended equipment list only, and serves as a guideline to what participants should consider taking during the event. It is the responsibility of each participant to utilise equipment that is suitable for the conditions on the day.
- Inclement weather – Heat/Cold.
- Personal injury and individual physical condition.
- Challenging (uneven and/or slippery) terrain.
- Other participants.
- Natural hazards e.g. rough surfaces, livestock, loose gravel, stream crossings and mud.
Should you encounter an incident on course, please follow these steps:
- STOP – do not place yourself in danger.
- Try to communicate with the person.
- Assist with basic first aid if you are capable and can do so safely.
- Send the next participant through to notify the next event official of the situation and location of the incident.
- Stop the next participant and request assistance if required.
“I have read and understand the information regarding this event and understand that I participate in this event at my own risk. I understand that the event transfer and refund policies are, as stated on the website at the time I entered and are not negotiable. I hereby attest and verify that I am physically fit and have sufficiently trained for this event. I understand that competing in this event may involve running and walking over exposed terrain on uneven surfaces including 4wd tracks, gravel roads and dirt roads. Physical hazards may include slippery and uneven terrain, mud, water puddles, loose rocks and gravel. Medical risks include exposure, hypothermia, heat exhaustion, hyperthermia and dehydration due to extreme weather, as well as physical injury as a result of tripping and/or falling while running/walking. I agree to comply with the rules and directions of event officials and their personnel. I hereby allow the use of my name and image to be used in the media and for marketing purposes and I consent to being photographed during the event. I acknowledge that the event may be cancelled or postponed (at the discretion of event officials) due to extreme inclement weather or other acts of God, and agree that in such case my entry fee shall be non-refundable. In the event of injury requiring medical assistance, I consent to receiving medical treatment that the event organisers think desirable during or after the event.”